Mocingbird's research team has verified and validated the most up-to-date CME requirements with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. Here is a quick summary of things you must know:
License Renewal Cycle Time for Illinois:
- Illinois state license renewal is every 3 years, on July 31.
- If a licensee is renewing their initial license for the first time, they are not required to comply with the CME requirements.
If a licensee is renewing their initial license from 2019 during the year of 2022, they will not have to complete all of the CME requirements, as it is their first renewal. They will have to comply with all CME requirements for their next cycle from 2022-2025.
Board Rule Checklist: Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation (MD/DO):
- Complete 150 total credits of CME
- Of the 150 total credits, complete a minimum of 60 hours of formal CME (AMA PRA category 1 credits)
- Of the 150 total credits, complete a maximum of 90 hours of informal CME
- As of 2020, complete 1 hour of sexual harassment prevention training; individuals renewing their initial licenses are exempt from this task
For more detailed information, please visit the IL Department of Financial & Professional Regulation website.
To view customized tasks regarding your IL license requirements, sign in to your Mocingbird profile and your virtual assistant has already created your upcoming task list.
Drop us a note if you are interested in partnering up with us. Complete this contact form and our team will reach out with a free CME process consultation for your organization.