Mocingbird's research team has verified and validated the most up-to-date CME requirements with New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs. Here is a quick summary of things you must know:
Renewal Cycle Time for New Jersey (MDs/DOs)
- NJ state licenses must be renewed every 2 years
Board Rule Checklist: New Jersey Division Of Consumer Affairs (MDs/DOs)
- Complete 100 credits of CME
- Due: every 2 years at license renewal
- Of the 100 CME credit requirement, complete a minimum of 40 Category 1 CME credits
- Of the 40 Category 1 CME credits, complete 2 credits in end-of-life care; Waiver or an extension can be requested for qualified clinicians.
New Jersey State Specific Requirements
There is one specific requirements for the New Jersey state license:
- Training in Cultural Competency:
- Only needs to be completed once upon licensure
- Must complete 6 hours in cultural competency training
- Must be completed by the end of the next complete renewal cycle after licensure
- All 6 hours must be formally accredited CME education
- If you were licensed after 3/24/2005, these training hours will count in your total 100 hour CME requirement for that renewal period
If you were initially licensed in 2018, you must complete a one-time 6 hours of cultural competency training for your license renewal in 2020.
For more detailed information, please visit the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs website.
To view updates on your tasks relating to your specific state license and board requirements, sign into your Mocingbird profile and head over to the dashboard. Don’t forget - once you complete an activity, you can upload your certificate to our platform or email it to email@example.com.
Interested in partnering with us? Complete this contact form, and our team will reach out with more information.