Mocingbird's research team has verified and validated New York State Medicine with the most up-to-date CME requirements. Here is a quick summary of things you must know:
CME Changes Due to Covid-19
- In response to COVID-19, and for those licensees whose registrations are due to renew March 1, 2020 – December 1, 2022, the Department will grant an adjustment to all licensees to complete up to 100% of the continuing education as self-study, provided that it is taken from a Department-approved provider and is in an acceptable subject area for the specific profession.
- For Mandatory Prescriber Education: prescribers who were due to attest or re-attest between June 30, 2020 and September 30, 2020, now have until October 1, 2020 to complete the required coursework or training and attest or re-attest.
Board Rule Checklist: New York Medicine
- License renewal every two years in your birth month
- Must complete infection control training every 4 years
- Licensees must complete a one-time requirement of 2 hours in child abuse identification and reporting
- For MDs with DEA registration, must complete Mandatory Prescriber Education
- 3 hours training in pain management, palliative care, and addiction every 3 years
- If DEA registration was acquired on June 30th 2017 or before,
- Due: every 3 years on June 30th
- If DEA registration was acquired on July 1st 2017 or after
- Due: one years from the initial registration date and then every 3 years there after
- If you are a trained overdose responder: must complete refresher training on opioid overdose every 2 years
New York State Specific Requirements
- There are specific requirements for infection control and child abuse identification and reporting. NY provides the training course MD/DO’s need to take.
- Infection control ($20, 5 credits/hours)
- Child abuse identification and reporting ($15, 2 credits/hours)
For more detailed information, please visit New York State Medicine website.
To view customized tasks regarding your NY license requirements, sign into your Mocingbird profile and your virtual assistant has already created your upcoming task list.
Drop us a note if you are interested in partnering up with us. Complete this contact form and our team will reach out with a free CME process consultation for your organization.