Mocingbird's research team has verified and validated the most up-to-date CME requirements with the State Medical Board of Ohio. Here is a quick summary of things you must know:
License Renewal Cycle Time for Ohio:
- State license renewal for MDs and DOs is due every 2 years.
Board Rule Checklist: State Medical Board of Ohio (MD/DO):
- Complete 50 hours of Category 1 CME
- Due: Every 2 years at license renewal
Ohio State Specific Requirements:
- There are 3 state specific requirements:
- Substance Abuse CME: If you prescribe office based opioid treatment, you must complete at least 8 hours of CME relating to substance abuse and addition. Credits completed in this area will also count towards the 50 credit requirement for biennial state license renewal.
- Pain Medicine CME: If you provide care in a pain management clinic, you must complete at least 20 hours of CME in pain medicine. The 8 total hours for this requirement must include one or more courses addressing the potential for addiction. Credits completed for this requirement will also count towards the 50 credit requirement for biennial state license renewal.
- Medical Marijuana CME: If you hold a certificate to recommend medical marijuana, you must complete at least 2 hours of CME in diagnosing qualifying medical conditions & treating qualifying medical conditions with medical marijuana. This is including the characteristics of medical marijuana and possible drug interactions.
Special Rule for Ohio Healthcare Workers:
- Volunteer CME Hours: If you provide healthcare services as a volunteer, you may count up to three hours of volunteer hours towards the 50 hour credit requirement for state license renewal.
For more detailed information, please visit the State Medical Board of Ohio website.
To view customized tasks regarding your OH license requirements, sign into your Mocingbird profile and your virtual assistant has already created your upcoming task list.
Drop us a note if you are interested in partnering up with us. Complete this contact form and our team will reach out with a free CME process consultation for your organization.