Mocingbird's research team has verified and validated with Wyoming Board of Medicine with the most up-to-date CME requirements. Here is a quick summary of things you must know:
License Renewal Cycle Time for Wyoming (for MD/DO)
- Wyoming state license renewal is annually
- All physician licenses must be renewed annually no later than June 30th of each calendar year.
- Licensees who fail to submit their application for renewal by June 30th may submit their application along with the requisite renewal fee, and the license renewal grace period surcharge no later than September 30th.
State Rule Checklist: Wyoming Board of Medicine (for MD/DO)
- To renew, reinstate or reactivate a license to practice medicine in Wyoming a physician shall verify satisfactory completion of no less than 60 hours of continuing medical education (CME) earned during the previous 3 years (i.e. every 3 years
- For physicians who are licensed in Wyoming and authorized by the Wyoming Board of Pharmacy to prescribe controlled substances: must complete at least 1 hour of CME related to the responsible prescribing of controlled substances or the treatment of substance abuse disorders every 2 years
- 1 hour of CME will count toward the required 60 hours of CME. Here is the link to the statement from Wyoming Board of Medicine with more information.
- You may be exempt from the CME requirements if:
- As of July 1, 2019, you have held an initial Wyoming medical license for less than 3 years.
- In the past 3 years, you have been certified or recertified by an ABMS-member board.
- You are currently, or in the last 3 years have been, enrolled in an ACGME- or RCPSC-approved residency program.
For more detailed information, please visit Wyoming Board of Medicine website.
To view customized tasks regarding your WY license requirements, sign into your Mocingbird profile and your virtual assistant has already created your upcoming task list.
Drop us a note if you are interested in partnering up with us. Complete this contact form and our team will reach out with a free CME process consultation for your organization.